24 September 2014

All sea recreational activities in Port Dickson suspended for three months

  24 September 2014
Pic: www.gopixpic.com

The Negeri Sembilan government had decided to suspend all sea recreational activities in Port Dickson for three months with immediate effect.

Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan said this followed the death of a youth after he was hit by a 'banana boat' at the Telok Kemang beach on Sept 7.

He said a joint committee involving the police, Marine Department, Port Dickson Municipal Council, State Tourism Board and the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency had been set up to formulate new regulations concerning the sea recreational activities.

"They will look into all aspects including the boarding points for passengers, as well as safe land and sea routes. All this will be taken into consideration in the new regulations.

"For a start, it will be done administratively, but we will strengthen it and, if necessary, will make it a local authority by-law," he told reporters after chairing the state executive council meeting here today.

The menteri besar said, once imposed, operators of all sea recreational activities must adhere to the new regulations or face the risk of being banned.

"Port Dickson is a tourist destination and we must ensure that all tourists will feel safe there.

"We don't want the 'banana boat' incident to recur. We want to put a full stop...enough is enough," he said.
logoblog

Thanks for reading All sea recreational activities in Port Dickson suspended for three months

Previous
« Prev Post

No comments:

Post a Comment